The Adopted Teen Workbook Curriculum Training
Who can benefit:
- Agencies that what to start or enhance a teen or parent co-regulation group or post adoption support event.
- Mental health professionals who want to incorporate somatic awareness, sensory processing, communications skills, managing triggers, yoga, intuition, nature, developmental trauma techniques, meditation, self –care, trauma informed yoga and mindfulness into their practice.
- Therapists working with the irrevocable loss of International adoptees.
- Parents and professionals seeking to adapt the book for a special needs teen.
- Young adult adoptees, mentors or teens that want support to deepen their experience of the book.
How do I receive the training?
- Schedule Barbara to do a live training at your agency
- Set up a mini training or consult through zoom.
- Attend a local training
What are the outcomes of the training?
- Gain competence and confidence to teach the trauma informed exercises.
- Adjust for teens in foster care or guardianship settings and varied ages.
- Incorporate strategies from developmental trauma theory.
- Manage triggers with somatic movement and sensory strategies.
- Adapt activities for teens with executive function issues.
- Lower stress, build resilience and joy for families and staff.
After 40 years as an Occupational Therapist, raising an adopted daughter and accompanying her on her birth search journey to Russia, I decided to write “The Adopted Teen Workbook and help teens with their feelings of abandonment and search for identity
Our service includes a comprehensive consult to identify in what area’s the parent, teen or child needs help that might include sensory processing, executive functioning, and social-emotional issues. We create strategies and an action plan tailored to the teen or the family that can be implemented immediately. Short or long term consulting is available.